Tuesday, March 18, 2008

7 Random Factoids

Savia has tagged me to

#1 Link to the person who tagged me (see above)
#2 Post the rules on my blog (to wit, this list).
#3 Share seven random and/or weird facts about yourself on your blog.
#4 Tag seven random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs.
#5 Leave a comment on their blogs so that they know they have been tagged.

I don't know if I even cyberknow seven bloggers. Will try. Meanwhile, let me unearth the facts:

1. I am colorblind. This does not mean that I see in black and white, as some people think, but that I confuse certain colors (red-green, green-brown, blue-violet) in certain shades and indeed see through certain kinds of camouflage. (The lore among colorblind people is that during the Korean War the air force discovered that colorblind aerial spotters did very good reconnaissance.)

2. In my right index finger I am double-jointed. My half-sister is double-jointed in all her fingers. My father's genes at work.

3. I didn't get a driver's license until my 30s. I was overseas and too young according to local laws when everyone was getting licenses here; by the time I returned everybody had already gone through driver's education. Not having a car helps you meet people, as you always need a ride.

4. I didn't own a television from 1977 to 2003. It was a rude awakening to discover how low television had fallen. Then again, the bonus for about a couple of years is that there was no such thing as a repeat for me.

5. I hate mint, spicy food (and any condiment spicier than pepper, including pepper), beets, celery and onions. Forget Mexican or Indian restaurants with me.

6. I have never been to Asia and Africa and I never want to go.

7. The first computer I ever used was an Osborne II, back when the dinosaurs roamed.

OK, that takes care of items 1 through 3 of the meme rules. I have to come up with seven bloggers I know well enough to tag. This may take a while.

No comments: