Sunday, April 11, 2010

Smallest, easiest writing tool in the world

While I don't usually post about computers and software, since there are gazillions of techie blogs, I really want to plug the software adaptation by my good cyberfriend Little Girl, called Book on a Stick.

It's a tiny file you can run on any operating system on any computer capable of connecting to the Internet with a browser. If you're reading this, you can use it. What's it for? Writing.

Why get it?
  • It's totally free.
  • It runs very simply on your browser (Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, etc.) in any operating system (Linux, OS X or other Mac systems, Windows and more ...).
  • The files it produces can be read in any computer with any system.
Little Girl admits it's based on on a similar tool called Wiki on a Stick.


"I liked the program so much that I wanted to get inside it and mess with its nuts and bolts to customize it," she wrote me. "After fiddling with it and changing some things, I liked my version(s) of it better."

It's your choice. I'm just passing this on.

UPDATE: Little Girl informs me that Book on a Stick now lives here:

http://bookonastick.wordpress.com

No comments: