Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Slouching Toward Craziness

Why is it that when you begin to slouch toward partnering things get crazy and all you want to do is head for the hills?

OK, I almost saw myself on "Sex in the City" typing on Sarah Jessica Parker's laptop. (Except I'm a guy who can't stop wondering why she uses a Mac, fer cryin' out loud.)

I'm told this is obvious and true and inevitable. Why am I the only person in the universe who doesn't know this? And don't tell me RTFM. This wasn't in the manual!

Why is it that even when you get along with someone, have great sex, enjoy similar movies, generally "get" one another, you still have rip-roaring arguments of the type you've had before with someone else who can't possibly live with you?

Why do people drive each other crazy? Why did I feel impelled to comment at the wedding I attended "If they think the wedding is difficult, wait till they get to the divorce part"? (Note: I did not say this to the couple.)

Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why?

Oh, and did I say "why"?

3 comments:

thailandchani said...

Post for you over my way. Re-read your post that I quoted. I think you'll find the answer there.

:)


~Chani

thailandchani said...

What do you think of this as a possible response to your "why"?

In a screwed-up culture that teaches people to have unrealistic expectations on a daily basis, why would romantic relationships be immune from that influence?

In convincing ourselves that we "need" this gooey, gushy sensation, we simply abandon all reason.

Romance ruins good friendships. Just my opinion.

You'd probably be surprised at how open-minded I am about creating life relationships.

First off, I don't see anything wrong with arranged marriage.. and I can't even come up with an intellectual argument against polygamy.

Take a minor wife. It wouldn't be of the least bit of concern to me. I'm not possessive but also don't like the risk of abandonment in this social set-up. In other words, men who had minor wives in other cultures didn't abandon their first wives.

I want security. I admit it.... but who's to say that security must be found with only one person?

Making sense here or are you now convinced that I am totally crazy?

:)


Peac,e

~Chani

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.