If you pay attention at what's promoted you'll find come-ons to
- call toll-free for "easy money" ... just sign over your car and pay interest forever
- get help with bankruptcy, foreclosure, the IRS ... from "fixers"
- ask a pharmaceutical or medical supply company ... to bilk Medicaid for you
"Instead of waiting in line to cash your paycheck, have your pay automatically deposited to a Chase Pay Card Plus account." Sure ...
- if you pay $1.50 to $3.00 per automated teller machine withdrawal,
- $1.00 to $3.00 to find out your balance,
- $5.00 for over-the-counter withdrawals (after your four "free" ones)
- $12 for a check to close your account
- $3 a month for "inactivity"
They will allow you FREE point-of-sale transactions (they filch from the merchants, instead).
But wait ... what's this about "3.5% per international conversion rate transaction"?
This is targeted to immigrants (who else would regularly need international remittances?), in addition to the welfare mother waitress with three minimum-wage jobs living in a motel and dreaming of Aruba. The "unbanked."
Did the banks discover the low-income worker "market" while bilking states that "privatized" and "automated" their public assistance programs at the behest of the Bushies? You betcha.
There's a sucker born every day in America -- and it isn't the JPirateMorgan Chase Bank.