Monday, October 24, 2005

Chain or char?

Interesting what people will fasten onto when they read a blog.
  • My doubt of my doubt.
  • My use of "Christian agnostic."
  • The color of the type.
I'm not sure I can explain these, or that I should. Certain ideas are recursive and paradoxical and explaining is akin to cutting the Gordian Knot.

As to color, I like it and, for the moment, I'll keep it.

One last thought: I went to the National Cathedral (aka Washington's Cathedral of Sts. Peter and Paul) and in the sermon I heard that love involves mundane things, like washing, ironing, preparing meals and all sorts of unpleasant chores. I thought love involved dancing in the streets to music. Not sure I'm ready for this chore-bound love.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love does involve mundane things but the paradox is that mundane things no longer seem mundane when love is real. Neither do they feel as if they were chore-bound. (Dancing in the streets love is fun, too. There isn't any reason you can't have both.)