My response? I will stop spending a penny in Virginia (just across the river from me).
I urge all who live too far from the Washington area to stop buying anything made in Virginia. That means the following:
- No U.S. tobacco products unless labeled as made with tobacco from somewhere else.
- No Virginia hams; Kentucky makes better ones.
- No Virginia wines. This shouldn't pose too much of a challenge.
- No Virginia airports. If you come to Washington, make sure you do not land in Reagan National or Dulles Airports, which are both in Virginia -- try Baltimore-Washington International, instead, which is in Maryland.
- Refuse to do business with the Pentagon or the CIA at their headquarters -- in Virginia. Both have offices in Washington, D.C., and elsewhere.
- Contact Virginia public officials informing them of your decision to cease contributing to Virginian xenophobia and racism:
- Pass it on!